Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I love Lincoln's Birthday!

Okay, so I'm a bit pushy but come on folks... I've waited long enough. Here is the story. When Clay got called on Monday with his analysis results, the Dr.'s office mentioned Dr. Jarrett was also coming to town on Feb 12th (Lincoln's Birthday people) and I may want to try to get in then. I called Dr. Dutta's office this morning and talked to the wonderfully helpful and always pleasant nurse Stacey. She thought it was originally supposed to be in place of the March 11th but it looked like it was in addition to. She said it wouldn't hurt at all to call over and see about getting it moved. So I did.....

Mrs C. (I know her real name but I will not use it since she is not as joyful to work with as Stacey) answered the phone. I fumbled for the words to explain why I was calling and it went downhill from there. She must be having a bad day. She complained "I wish they wouldn't do that! It's too hard to schedule. I'm already trying to reschedule today's appointments... did you send in your paperwork...yada yada, yada." I wanted to yell, "Look lady, it's not a big deal. Either you can or you can't so quit complaining" but secretly I had my eyes closed and my fingers crossed. It would be almost a whole MONTH earlier and although I'm not expecting any answers or meds from the "consultation" at least its one more step in the right direction.

Finally she says, "1pm" and I say "That works." So folks, I am now taking the next step at 1pm on Thursday February 12th! Happy Birthday Mr. Lincoln! Happy Consultation Day Kim Brockman!

Now grumpy Mrs. C muttered I may have to wait under her breath but that won't rain on my parade at all. I don't care. I was shaking when I hung up the phone. I was excited, scared, and wanted to kick Mrs. C all while smiling and jumping around. I hope I didn't get my girl Stacey in trouble and I hope it all works out. Now its time to update some counters, tickers, widgets, and whatnots....15 days people..15 days!!!

No comments: