Oh my! I really need to invest in a tape recorder. I suffer from appointment amnesia right after the doctor leaves the room. However, here is what I remember from today's appointment. I know that I remember all the important things, so here goes.....
We did another ultrasound. The nurse this time wasn't as nice as Linda. I was hoping it would have been Linda but she must have been busy. She didn't measure any of the follicles on the right. She did however comment that I had BEAUTIFUL uterine lining. Great! Nice to hear, thank you! Then she went for the left ovary and OH MY! There was a VERY BIG follicle ;o) She said, "Well look at that mature follicle. There is an egg in there." She measured it but didn't say much. Then we were done and she took us across the hall to wait for Dr. Jarrett.
Clay and I sat in the small room reading various pamphlets and waiting. Dr. Jarrett came in and gave a big smile. I don't remember what he said but it got us to smile too. Overall point of the appointment: I grew a mature follicle. He said it measured 23x17mm (remember that 16-24 is the mature range and 18-22 is ideal). He said we were going to go ahead and do a shot of HCG to induce ovulation, gave us our orders for sex, and talked about the prescription for progesterone support after ovulation. We talked about the progesterone support and when I would want to take a pregnancy test if I didn't have my period. He did also mention that my lining was good and thick at 8mm. It was a good but short visit. Then he left and in walked Linda! YEAH LINDA!
She repeated our instructions for "brownies" tonight, tomorrow, and Friday. She explained the progesterone again and verified the dates for beginning the support, and dates for testing. She added a blood test in one week after ovulation to check my hormone levels. It will actually be on my birthday. We also talked about laying after "brownies" and how I should elevate with a pillow given my tilted uterus and then roll left since the mature follicle will be from my left ovary. She also gave me my very first shot and sent us on our way home.
We stopped by the pharmacy on the way home to get the progesterone. It was a bit more than I expected but it has more than I need. I start that on Sunday and go for 15 days. Then at the end of that I will take a test. There will be some timing to work out given right around that time we will be in Atlanta, GA visiting Laura and Marc. I may test before and after, we will just have to wait and see.
So there you have it. What I remember. The important part....I have an egg! One glorious mature egg from my left ovary measuring 23x17. I was given a shot to induce ovulation and orders to have lots of sex (can do!). Now it's just up the big man above and the timing in his plan.
Oh and IT WAS A GOOD DAY!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment