Mel and I went to a movie this afternoon. On the way there I told her a bit about Clay's requests and some other things. After the movie, I happened to mention that my temp was still elevated and that "ladies days" hadn't come yet. With each passing day that the temp stays elevated and the "monkey" doesn't come is one day closer to my high hopes realized. I am trying so hard to just take it one day at a time but it has become an obsession of sorts. Mel asked me "Well, what does your gut tell you?" To tell you the truth, "I don't know" I want with all of my heart to be pregnant but my head logically tells me not to get my hopes up and that even if I have a cycle this week, I will be on the right track. When I refused to give her a "yes" or a "no" answer, she persisted and said to put "all the scientific stuff" aside. I just can't seem to put it aside and in the back of my head. Mel said she knew with both that she was pregnant. She could feel it. I have to admit that I have laid in bed or on the couch the past few evenings with my hand on my lower abdomen and wondered. Could I be? I feel more hopeful than I have ever felt in this past year. Maybe because things are actually starting to happen. I have even let the hope wash over me while I was outside running this weekend and enjoying the lovely weather. I think I even spoke some of my thoughts aloud. So now, after being asked, "What does your gut tell you?" I want to hope against all hope and scream YES, but logically I want to play it "safe" with my heart and say "I just don't know"..only time will tell and day by day I pray.
I want to add to the bottom of this one of the fortunes Clay and I had from our fortune cookies last night. (We were supposed to have Chinese food for Valentine's Day but ended up with it last night instead). Our fortune "Good things are coming to you in due time."
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment