Friday, February 27, 2009

Chinese fortunes

Clay and I like Chinese food a great deal. We are getting ready to start living solely off of Clay's income (if we can) and that will mean less fast food and eating out. Tonight, however, we lived it up for some Chinese. For the first time in years, our favorite place messed up my order. Instead of getting pork fried rice, I got chicken fried rice (very blan). Regardless, I enjoy the fortune cookies and the end of the meal.
Like some or maybe most, Clay and I play the "in bed" game where you add the words "in bed" to the end of your fortune. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Tonight I liked my fortune either way. Clay's fortune wasn't as good but still works.

Clay's fortune said: "You will be unusual successful in business....in bed"
Mine said: "Sing and rejoice, fortune is smiling on you....in bed"

Then we had two bonus fortunes....
Bonus fortune #1 said: "Versatility is one of your outstanding traits....in bed"
Bonus fortune #2 said: "Good beginning is half-done....in bed"

Well, weren't those good! Even if you take off the "in bed" that we jokingly add, I would say these were good fortunes to have tonight. Fortune can smile on me in this journey and I would love to say our good beginning is half done and we will be successful in (our) business ;o) I think you can get my drift here.

Here's hoping the cookies are wise and speak of fortunes yet to come.

No comments: