Wednesday, August 19, 2009

18 weeks and growing

Both the baby and I are growing and I'm not sure which of us is growing faster ;o) Today we are 18 weeks pregnant. I have made the full transition to maternity pants and even bought myself a few pairs this weekend. (I got a gray pair and a super cute pair of jeans. Yes I said that my maternity pants were cute.) On Babycenter this week, they say the baby is 5 1/2 inches long, which is about the size of a bell pepper and weighs about 7 ounces so I don't think I can blame him/her for the extra 4 lbs I gained this week. (I should be blaming all the food I ate in Omaha this past weekend while there for my SIL's baby shower). Last week I didn't gain anything but this week I was up about 4 lbs, so averaging 2lbs a week for the last few weeks. I'm actually comfortable right now and don't think the weight gain is too much. I still have room to grow ;o)

We are getting excited for our 19 week sono next week. We invited both of our mothers to come along if they wanted so they could see the baby. We've been told by both of them that sonograms weren't done often "back in their day" when they were pregnant with us so we thought they may like to see the modern medical technology. We hope the baby will cooperate for all the measurements needed but not give too much of a display of its "personal region." We want to be able to see lots of pictures but keep the gender a surprise.

I'm still waiting for movement. I THOUGHT I MAY (MAY) have felt it the other day but I haven't felt it again so I'm not quite sure. Everyone just says "oh you'll know" or "it feels like butterflies" but I figure its something that you don't pick up on at first. Sometime by the end of the month is my goal so I'll stay patient.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It may have been the baby moving. This early you don't feel it all the time. I think it may be because it still has plenty of room in there to move about. Once it starts to get a bit cramped it seems like it does not stop moving.
How exciting!