Friday, August 28, 2009

By request....kissing cousins

A few weeks ago when in Omaha for my SIL's baby shower, my MIL wanted to recreate a picture she remembers her and her sister taking when they were both pregnant about 31 years ago. She called the picture "kissing cousins." As this is the only time my SIL and I will be together during these pregnancies it was now or never. I wasn't showing that much as I was still in what I call the "fat" stage but I played along. Here you can see Val just wasn't sure about the picture. We took it in the hotel lobby so I'm sure a few other patrons wondered what in the world was going on. However, it is a cute picture and I'm glad we could do it for my MIL.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

What a cute idea! I envy your MIL for having two grandchildren to love on at the same time! What a blessing
I also enjoyed your post about the sonogram and the first movements. Great to have that documentation.
So am I correct in understanding that this is your last ultrasound or is it a sonogram, I am not sure. No more before baby arrives?

Kim said...

Sherri,
We had to ask the doctor about the difference between a sonogram and an ultrasound at first too (even before I was pregnant because they kept throwing both terms around) and what they told us.... they are the same ;o) Just two different interchangeable words so either is fine to say. Unfortunately, the 20 week one is the last one medically done unless they have any concerns late term. We could opt to do a 3D or 4D one but they are elective and not paid for by insurance (in our area they are done at a keepsake place and not our medical facility). We have decided not to do one of those since we don't want to risk finding out what we are having. It has definitely been an exciting week around here with the baby movements and the sono ;o) Glad you have enjoyed the posts too!