Friday, August 7, 2009
Our 16 wk appt and the main 3
Today we went to the doctor for our 16 week appt. It feels like forever since we have been there. It was a fast appointment and not much happened. We did what I will refer to as the "main 3:" weight, blood pressure, and baby heartbeat. My weight was at 177lbs which is what I expected. My blood pressure was 120/70 which is normal and the baby's heartbeat was just cool. I think I could listen to that everyday. It makes it so real! AlthoughI am starting to show, it seems weird to think a small human is in there growing each day. The heartbeat is just a reality check. It's so fast. It sounds like a galloping horse to me. We also talked with the doctor about the results from the bloodwork of my last visit. Everything was normal and looking good. The doctor also asked us about the quad screen test. We declined. I don't see the need really. It doesn't change anything and the chance of a "false positive" would just freak me out. We also talked about feeling movement. The doctor said that really for a first time mom she would say it would be 19 or 20 weeks before I figured it out as the baby is still really small. So just a few more weeks for that. We go back again in 3 weeks for our next sonogram. This would be the "one" where we could find out the sex of the baby if we were going to (but we aren't). We will have to make sure the sono tech knows that we don't want to know. Then we go back to the doctor the week after for our 20 week appointment. Just right around the corner. 20 weeks, the half-way point ;o) coming right up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment