You know those days where you stand and stare into your closet for what seems like hours (but really is just a LONG few minutes) and then you profess, "I have nothing to wear!"? Well, I am having a lot of them recently. Now over the past week I have been transitioning into maternity pants and it is a lot more comfortable. I have been given a few stacks of maternity pants from friends to either have/borrow (depending on the source and if they are done having kids or not). So, I am sorta okay on pants. (More on that in a minute...) But the shirts, oh its hard to find a comfortable and semi-flattering shirt. Well let me add, a shirt that doesn't seem "short." Somehow all of my shirts (and I didn't really wear tight shirts before) have lost at least 2-3 inches in length. Now wearing them with the banded maternity pants (noticed I said banded and not paneled...I'm no where near paneled pants and have a slight aversion to the panel anyways), it becomes a constant struggle to make sure that the shirt stays long enough to hide the band. It's a never ending struggle, especially since the band tends to roll and squish. I guess if I go shopping this weekend in Omaha with my sister-in-law (who is also pregnant) that I will need to focus on shirts and not so much pants.
Now back to the pants. The other thing I don't understand about clothes when pregnant are the sizes. I thought I was confused before on how different sizes can still "fit," but it seems more confusing now. The first pants I started wearing were maternity size 12. I also had a few Med and Large. Seemed reasonable to me since I work a 10 or 12 in real life depending on fit. Well I got a second bag of pants from Liz. Looking through them last night I saw that she had some maternity 8s and 10s which I thought were NEVER going to fit. I tried on one of the 10s last night and they were a bit tight in the thigh but okay at the waist. Now today I'm wearing a pair of the 8s comfortably to work. Weird! It all seems a bit backwards but as long as I can find SOMETHING to wear to work I guess I shouldn't complain.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Quit looking at what size it is. Try it on and if it is comfy then buy it and wear it. :)Smile
I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading about your exciting journey. When I was pregnant things were so different, you didn't take pictures, I think I have two or three and you it wasn't so public. I wish it would have been more like it is now. I absolutely loved everything about being pregnant and would have loved to keep a journal about it. What a treasure to have it all documented! I look forward to following this journey with you .
Post a Comment