Long before I was pregnant, my friend Kimberly was getting rid of a few things from her last pregnancy (which was a few years ago.) She had a Boppy Pillow and I said I would take it, knowing that when I did have a baby, I would like to have one and free is good! However, it was a Paddington Bear pillow (see picture on left). So what did I decide to do about it? I decided to buy a trendy Boppy Pillow cover. Only after selecting my nursery bedding I found that they don't make Boppy Pillow covers in fun primary colors. They are all pastel and nothing I really liked. So what did I want to do about that? I wanted to sew one! I found a pattern online and some fabric at Hobby Lobby. I decided on a fun flannel for the top with primary colored alphabet letters and a bright red for the back. And today, I went to work. I opted for the zipper as the pattern suggested (I had considered snaps) and I must say I am quite happy with the results. The top right picture shows the pillow after I was done (from the top). I threw in additional pictures to show my nice handy work with the zipper ;o) and the red back of the pillow. This was the first zipper I have done! Like most things in life, this is far from perfect but I am very pleased with the results. I may even just make another.


6 comments:
Great job, Kim. As a person who cannot sew a stitch I admire your handiwork.
Great sewing, Kim! I'm glad you can use the boppy pillow that the boys used! :) Hugs!!
Nice job, Guess she doesn't need me anymore for sewing, she is doing Just great on her own!
I don't like mending so you can always do that. I forgot to have you take a look at my blue quilt too and see how you think it should be fixed. There is a small hole in the middle of one of the blocks ;o(
Kimmie... that is awesome!!! Farrah gave us a couple of boppy covers that were girly. It works for this baby but maybe if there is a Lokker baby 2 you could make one for him/her. I love all your projects!! Wish we lived close so you could teach me:)
I believe it was big brown that I mended instead. :)
Post a Comment